Function Space Allocation
We had a programming meeting last night with the purpose of breaking out the function space.
I welcome everybody's feedback for this! We had a programming meeting last night with the purpose of breaking out the function space into the various things that take a room for the whole weekend. So, it was not so much designing specific events. The plan could change, but currently the general blueprint is as follows.
Ballroom A: Big Top. The Big Top is the sort of place where you have--
- Opening Ceremonies
- Bruce Schneier Keynote "The Future of Privacy"
- Live Shadowcast of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer the Musical Episode"
- "A Shoggoth On The Roof"
- swordfighting demonstrations, a martial art performed with padded PVC safety swords
Ballroom B: Computer Lounge and Chaos Machine.
Ballroom C: Gaming. Half tabletop gaming, the other half would be live floor games like
Assembly: Junkpile Wars; Yearbook Photography.
Maple A, Promenade East, Northfield Rooms: Breakout Rooms.
Maple B: Anime.
Maple C: Dealers.
Oak Room: Non-anime Film Room, sometimes Breakout Room.
- "When Things Get Small", a comedic documentary about nanotechnology
- Jay Maynard (the TRON costume guy from the Jimmy Kimmel Show), the great Luke Ski, and Tom Smith giving "TRON" the MST3K treatment
- Nick Sagan and John Scalzi providing a live commentary track for "Contact"
- microbiologists explaining the magnificent computer animation "Cellular Visions: The Inner Life of a Cell."
- HP Lovecraft Historical Society's "Call of Cthulhu" done as an authentic black-and-white silent film.
- Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning."
- Saving Star Wars."
Promenade West: Concerts.
- Tom Smith
- Luke Ski
- Clif Flynt
- Rob Balder
- Worm Quartet
- ... others
Board Room: Writer's workshop, coffee with a guest of honor.